I have curly hair, and sometimes it's a total mess! I have read about taming your curls and used a few easy steps to help you manage your curly hair.
These ten easy steps will give you an easy and quick finish to healthy and shiny hair.
1. When I was reading about taming your hair I came across an article saying that curly haired girls should avoid using shampoo containing sulfates because it strips away the hairs natural moisture. They also recommended Pantene Pro.V Dry to Moisturized Shampoo.
2. Get a trim every 4 to 6 months to remove any damaged hair and split ends. You can also add layers to your hair for an even bounce and extra volume.
3. Get a wide toothed comb. Normal brush bristles add more friction to your hair and make it frizzier. You don't need to brush curly hair. You can even use your fingers if you don’t want to change the texture.
4. Use a light conditioner to clean your hair. If you scared of the build up in your hair use a shampoo once or twice a week to clean up what the conditioner left behind. Remember to stay away of any sulfates.
5. Wash your scalp with conditioner. Distribute the conditioner evenly while massaging your scalp and then wash it all out.
6. With light conditioner as the cleanser you should use a heavier conditioner on your hair focusing more on the tips. TRESemme will be a good product to use as a heavier conditioner. After you washed your hair completely leave it under cold water for a few seconds to get rid of the extra frizz.
7. Instead of drying your hair with a normal bath towel you should use paper towels or an old top and just scrunch your hair. Your normal towels make your hair more frizzy and difficult to style.
8. Once towel dried you should use a hair treatment that makes your hair smooth. I would recommend Matrix leave in cream.
9. If you would like, you can add a curling mouse for best results. This would be optional. A good curling mouse would be V05.
10. It would be best to air dry your hair but if you don't like going out with wet hair than I suggest you use a hair diffuser and let the rest air dry.
Now you know how to perfect your curls. Xx
I would like to apologize for the bad quality pictures as I'm having trouble posting while in overseas. I hope this post helped most of my curly haired readers. Please do follow this blog on your right and be sure to follow by email so you can get weekly emails from Fashion at its Fall.